This is an excellent opportunity for an MRICS qualified surveyor with retail experience to join a busy Assets & Estates function, working closely with the Senior Asset Manager and Head of Property Asset & Estates.
You will support the Senior Asset Manager in defining and implementing the Property Strategy for the UK and Republic of Ireland (Retail)
You will also manage an annual acquisition and disposal budgets of c. £1m and £0.5m respectively, and manage costs and statutory obligations for your own portfolio of c. 200 stores with total property costs of c. £60m p.a. across a variety of store types, formats and locations.
- Manage a portfolio of c. 200 stores with a property cost of c. £60m p.a.
- Work with and manage a team of external consultants (including agents, solicitors & building surveyors) undertaking property transactions that deliver the property strategy, including Acquisitions, Disposals, Lease Renewals, Sublets and Lease Re-gears.
- Dispose of stores (both trading and non-trading) and minimise our exposure to vacant property costs where possible.
- Manage key internal stakeholders including store development, retail operations and finance to ensure transactions have appropriate approvals, cost estimates, surpass financial targets and are programmed for delivery within the expected timeframes.
- Manage rent reviews and lease renewals as necessary to ensure delivery of the overall annual property cost ensuring existing and new property commitments and property costs are properly managed to optimise profit to the business, reduce exposure to risk and deliver the property plan as required under the strategy.
- Work closely with the Store Development team to deliver fit-outs and refits in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with process.
- Provide a comprehensive property management service assisting retail, formats, finance, store construction and any other functions with any consents, dispute resolution or property management as appropriate.
- Manage the business budgeting process for rent, rates, service charge and other property costs, liaising with finance and other departments as appropriate.
- Manage the property database for the portfolio and delivery of accurate and effective commercial reporting and forecasting to the business in connection with property commitments, new site analysis and costs and liabilities.
You will have:
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience ideally within retail private practice or an in-house Property team for a multiple national retailer with wide ranging store formats, sizes and property types
- Financial competence in terms of budget forecasting and provisioning.
- MRICS qualified
- Strong negotiating skills and good communicator at all levels