As a Programme Manager within our Business Change function, you will lead a team of internal and external business change specialists to ensure the successful delivery of the change agenda through the identification, definition, roadmap prioritisation, design and delivery of a programme of change; working in partnership with the business, finance and IT, and wider Group functions. You will also act as the custodian of all change across the UK&I business
- Lead the development of a programme roadmap of change with a 1 to 3 year delivery horizon with the objective of realising key operating model capabilities
- Proactively manage and collaborate with programme sponsors and senior stakeholders within the business to ensure shared ownership for the delivery of programme outcomes; in particular with Finance to ensure financial reporting of programme benefits
- Drive complex cross-functional change into the organisation through the application of ‘best in class’ project, programme and change management in a sustainable way
- Own senior programme stakeholder relationships and engage the business more broadly with programme communications
- Develop high performing teams, with strong knowledge management, who work in collaboration with the business to effectively realise its strategic ambitions
- Establish and sustain an effective governance framework to ensure the appropriate level of oversight and control is in place across their projects and programme
- Co-ordinate the definition and delivery of detailed business requirements through collaboration with the business, IT and other 3rd parties
- Support the development and maintenance of a 3 year change roadmap and programme plan that supports the business to realise its strategic ambitions through developing the required capabilities
- Act as a brand ambassador for Business Change and play an active role in positively shaping how business change capabilities are perceived by the wider business
You will have:
- Experience of delivering complex, large-scale programmes, managing multiple teams and reporting to senior stakeholders.
- A background of working within fast-paced, consumer focused organisations such as Retail, FMCG, Telco or Technology, as Dixons Carphone operates in a very dynamic market and consumer landscape.
- Project Metholodgy (Prince 2 or PMP)
- Experience of performing a similar role within a major FTSE 100 organisation or comparable organisation, or experience of delivering the requirements of this role across multiple clients as a member of a top tier professional services (consulting) firm
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.